Lin and Pat Fields
Linda J. Fields, Director,
Professional Institute for Real Estate Training
Watertown NY 13601
currently serve as the Vice- President of P.S.G. Plumbing, Heating and
Air-Conditioning, Inc. in Watertown, New York and the Director and Owner of the
Professional Institute for Real Estate Training in Watertown, New York.
I have involved in the real estate industry for over 30 years, and have had
extensive experience working with real property, both residential and commercial
out of this area. As well, I have extensive experience in public speaking, not only for national organizations, but
also for state and local organizations. I
have been interviewed on countless national and local radio and television
programs, and have authored a guidebook on public speaking for not-for-profit
Vice-President and CEO, P.S.G. Plumbing, Heating and Air-Conditioning,
include active interaction with customers, manufacturers, suppliers and
employees. I design advertising
programs, and execute them on local radio, television, and print media.
I am responsible for all accounting procedures for the firm including
both accounts payable and accounts receivable.
I plan and implement employee guidelines and policies.
I also perform the following tasks:
scheduling employees; payroll; job
cost analysis; customer relations; marketing; tax preparation; contract
preparation; job research; employee management; and financial management.
President and CEO, Professional Institute for Real Estate Training,
President and primary instructor for the only Real Estate Proprietary School
north in Jefferson County, my tasks included preparation of course curricula for
the Department of State, Division of Licensing Services on sales and brokers
courses in real estate. I also
created courses for continuing education, and taught the same.
Other duties included the following:
accounting procedures for the company, media relations, organization and
setup of teaching sites, meeting with State officials, public speaking at
national meetings, and general duties relating to course design, implementation
Managing Partner, HDL Associates, Watertown, New York
partner in a modular housing dealership. Tasks
included: financial management;
customer relations; designing advertising campaigns; providing financial and
mortgage programs for customers; securing properties for clients.
President, Century 21 Gold Star,Ltd., Rochester, New York
broker and owner of an independent real estate company.
Tasks included: managing 21 independent contractors; providing professional
training and education; marketing
and advertising; general overseeing of a real estate agency.
Paralegal, Jefferson Community College, 1998
Phi Theta Kappa graduate 4.0 average. Student Commencement Speaker.
Bachelor of Science, Biology, SUNY Geneseo, 1978.
A.A.S. Biology, Monroe Community College, 1976.
Master of Science, Biology SUNY Geneseo, 1978.
Real Estate Broker, New York. 1981 - 2003
Licensed Practical Nurse, New York. Rochester School of Practical Nursing. 1969.
Phi Theta Kappa, Jefferson Community College.
Maintained a 4.0 average.
· Charter member Tri-County NY Chapter Women's Council of REALTORS, Watertown, NY 2008-2012
· Member, Watertown Rotary Club, Watertown NY 1999-2003
· Member, City of Watertown NY Planning Board 1993-2001
· Secretary, Jefferson Community College Paralegal Student Association, Spring, 1996.
· Member, Jefferson Community College Paralegal Student Association, 1994 -1998.
· Recording and Corresponding Secretary, Downtown Business Association of Watertown, NY 1997.
· Chair, Web Site Development Committee, Downtown Business Association of Watertown, NY, 1999.
· Chair, Publicity Committee, Animal Charities of Northern New York, Pet Walk. 1999
· Member, Board of Directors, Downtown Business Association of Watertown, NY,1999.
· Member, Jefferson County Job Development Corporation, 1999 - present
· Chairperson Education Committee, Jefferson Lewis Board of REALTORS, 2007 - present
· Member, Pride and Promotion Committee, Central Business District Task Force, 1999.
· Co-organizer, Northern NY Boyds’ Bears Club, 1999.
· Chair, various committees for the Downtown Business Association of Watertown, NY 1997-2000
· Designed, coordinated and executed Masked Ball and Art Auction for Volunteer Center of Jefferson County. 1997.
· Publicity Chair, Zoo-To-Do, Thompson Park Conservancy, Watertown, NY, 1998-1999.
· Member, Greater Watertown Chamber of Commerce, 1996 - present
· Editor (Review), Real Estate for Salespersons, Gorsuch (Cengage) Publishing Company, 1996 to the present
· Editor (Review), Real Estate for Brokers, Gorsuch (Cengage) Publishing Company, 1996 to the present
· Convention speaker, National Association of Realtors National Conventions, New York City, New Orleans, and Honolulu, 1983,1984, 1985.
· First Woman Governor for New York. Women’s Council of Realtors of the New York State Association of Realtors, 1985-1986.
· Member, Strategic Planning, Referral Network, Professional Standards, Education, Leadership Training, Convention, Publicity/Public Relations Committees, National level, Women’s Council of Realtors, National Association of Realtors, 1984-1987.
· Secretary, Rochester Chapter, Women’s’ Council of Realtors, 1984.
· Chair, Scholarship, Program/Education, Political Involvement, and Membership Committees, Women’s’ Council of Realtors, Rochester Chapter, 1983-1987.
· Director, New York State Association of Realtors, 1985-1987.
· Member, Communications, Legal Education, Associations, Public Relations, Ethical Business Practices, Realtors in Politics, Convention, Realtor Education, Strategic Planning Committees - New York State Association of Realtors, 1983-1987.
· Member, Board of Directors, New York State Association of Realtors, 1982-1987.
· Chair, Convention Committee, New York State Association of Realtors, 1985.
· Chair, Communications Committee and Equal Opportunity Committee, New York State Association of Realtors, 1985 and 1986.
· Member, Board of Directors, Greater Rochester Association of Realtors, 1982-1987.
· Chair, Equal Opportunity, Education, Membership Committee, Greater Rochester Association of Realtors, 1984-87. Member, Membership, Public Relations, Education, Finance, Multiple Listing, Make America Better, and Realtor-Associate Committees, 1982-1987.
· Owner, Century 21 Gold Star, Ltd., Rochester, New York, 1985-1986.
· Member, Real Estate Educators Association, 1982-1997.
· Co-founder, National Alliance for Optional Parenthood, Washington, D.C., 1973.
· Chair, Speakers Bureau, National Alliance for Optional Parenthood, Washington, D.C., 1973-1980.
· Member, Planned Parenthood, Rochester, NY. Designed and hosted educational programs dealing with problems of Teen Age Pregnancy. 1970-1979.
· Author, “Public Speaking Skills - a Handbook for the Not-for-Profit Organization”, National Organization for Non-Parents, Washington, D.C., 1981.
Return to PIRT Homepage