Welcome to the
Real Estate Training's
Come visit us on FACEBOOK!
What are you looking for???
Classroom courses?? Scroll down ...
Online courses?? Scroll down further..
Broker's courses and Remedial Courses?? Scroll down...
Continuing education?? Scroll down..
Need a broker to affiliate with? We have a Hiring page too...
AND we have other courses available through the
Jefferson Lewis Board of REALTORS® if you are interested!!
KEEP SCROLLING DOWN....
2013 PIRT BROCHURE OF CE COURSES NOW AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD... KEEP SCROLLING DOWN....
CLASSROOM SALESPERSONS COURSE!!!
The next in-classroom sales class will be in
October and November 2013.
The dates are:
Friday, October 4, Saturday October 5, Sunday October 6
Friday October 11, Saturday October 12, Sunday October 13
Friday, October 25, Saturday October 26, Sunday October 27
Friday November 1, Saturday November 2, Sunday November 3
Saturday November 12
The Final Exam will be on Sunday November 13
The time for classes is from 9 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
The class will be held at the Jefferson Lewis Board of REALTORS®
210 Court St., Suite 112, Watertown.
The course cost is $430.00 which includes the textbook.
REGISTRATION ENDS OF SEPT. 27TH.
REGISTRATION IN LIMITED TO A MINIMUM OF 5 STUDENTS AND A MAXIMUM OF 20.
THIS MEANS THAT YOUR PAYMENT AND REGISTRATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THEN! You can email it or fax it if this will be paid by credit/debit card. The fax # is 315-788-1013. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERESTED?? CLICK HERE FOR THE FLYER.
Why take the course in classroom instead of online? It is more expensive in classroom!
Yes, you are right. It is more expensive. However we always suggest taking the very first qualifying course (the sales class) in the classroom. You get so much more out of it than online -- handouts, additional questions, hints, tips, how to pass the state exam, and a really good teacher or 4 - we have a variety of teachers who come in and give you their expertise -- this wouldn't happen online. It's not to say online is not good - it is.. but classroom for at least this course is better in our opinion (and the opinion of many REALTORS® out there.)
ONLINE COURSE INFORMATION
If you can't take a
classroom course, we offer it online!
We are affiliated with Career Web School and offer Salesperson's Qualifying courses, Remedial Courses, Broker's Qualifying Courses and a plethora of Continuing Education all at AFFORDABLE PRICES!
Please note -- if you sign up for a course ONLINE, and you need help or can't figure something out, just email me and I will be happy to help you answer your question or help you through a concept.
Interested in CHECKING OUT CAREER WEB SCHOOL COURSES ONLINE????
Salespersons Qualifying Brokers Qualifying Continuing Education
ARE YOU AN APPRAISER OR LOOKING FOR APPRAISAL COURSES?? HERE'S YOUR LINK TO THE BEST ONLINE APPRAISAL COURSES!
APPRAISAL EXAM PREP Continuing Education Classes
LOOKING FOR TEXTBOOKS FOR CAREER WEB SCHOOL AND OTHER GREAT RESOURCES? CLICK BELOW!
NAR's Green Designation Core Course
Green 200: The Science of Green Building
Green 100: Real Estate for a Sustainable Future
PIRT IS PROUD TO PARTNER WITH THE REALTOR UNIVERSITY AND OFFER YOU ONLINE DESIGNATION COURSES. THESE ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS OF NAR/NYSAR/ AND LOCAL BOARDS OF REALTORS®.
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR ALL PROSPECTIVE SALESPERSONS' LICENSEES:
YOU CAN'T BECOME A BROKER UNLESS YOU ARE A SALESPERSON FIRST!
Just what are the costs involved??
You've decided you would like to become a licensed real estate agent? Now what do you do?
1. You will have to take a salesperson's course - whether it is online or in the classroom, it is required before you get your license. Course costs vary, so check into what works best for you.
2. During the time you are taking the course, it is best to look for a real estate broker to affiliate with. I always suggest interviewing with a broker close to your home. Should you take a course with PIRT, we have a list of questions to ask that broker - you will receive this when you apply for the online course or take the classroom course.
If you are looking for a real estate broker, we have a page that might help! If you are interested, click HERE.
3. After you complete the course, you will have to take a final examination, which you have to pass. This is whether you take the course online or in the classroom. In both cases, passing is usually 70%. If you don't pass the test the first time, more than likely you will be allowed to take the exam again at no extra charge. Once passing that, you will have to sit for the NYS licensing examination. You still cannot sell real estate until you get your license. To take the State exam, you will have to register online. The state examination is given in a variety of places - Syracuse, Albany, Rochester, etc. There are no state examinations given in Watertown. See below for more info.
4. The cost of the NYS examination (at this date) is $15.00 per time you take the examination. If you do not pass the state examination, you may take it again for an additional $15.00.
5. Once you have received notification from NYS (at this time the length of time between taking and passing the exam and getting your license is about 4 weeks) that you have passed your examination and have found a broker to work with, you will then be able to apply for your license. The cost of the license is $50.00 every two years. You will also have to take 22 1/2 hours of continuing education every two years. Of that 22 1/2 hours of CE (continuing education) a minimum of 3 hours MUST be an approved course in Fair Housing. This Fair Housing course must be taken every 2 years. If you are a member of a local board of REALTORS®, you will also have to take an Ethics course. This is available through your local board, or you can take it online. I heartily recommend taking it through your Board of REALTORS®. This must be taken every 4 years. This means that between January 1 2013 and December 31 2017 you will have to take the Ethics class.
6. IF your broker is a member of a local real estate board and multiple listing service, you will be required to join that board. Be sure to ask your broker the costs of joining. There may be additional classes required - orientation, ethics, etc.
7. To find out more about becoming a real estate salesperson, click here.... http://www.dos.ny.gov/licensing/re_salesperson/re_salesperson.html
What does PRE-QUALIFY mean??
It means that in order to get a license in NYS, you must by law,
complete successfully this (or any) Prelicensing course.
Then, you are entitled to sit for the NYS licensing exam given in varying locations around NY.
You will have to register for this state examination ONLINE. For more information on this
LOOKING FOR A REAL ESTATE BROKER TO WORK WITH?
We have a new page that might be of help to you.. just click here!
CLICK HERE TO SEE WHO IS HIRING!
Already licensed? Want to be a Broker?
If you are looking to become a Broker, you must be a current licensed real estate salesperson to take this course. You must have either completed the Sales Course after July 1, 2008, or if before July 1, 2008 taken the Remedial Course. These are my suggestions..
the Remedial course
- The course is being offered online or with any sales course in classroom.
2. Take the Broker's course online -- I am available to help you throughout the course.
3. Both have a final examination which I will administer to you.
This is the only
way I can see taking this course in our area --
we never seem to have students interested in taking it in the classroom. I am sorry..
To find out costs, etc. scroll up to the section on ONLINE COURSES!
CONTINUING EDUCATION AVAILABLE
JEFFERSON LEWIS BOARD OF REALTORS® AND PIRT
There are lots of courses available through our local board of REALTORS®.
For more information, Contact the Board office - 782-1322.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE OTHER CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES AVAILABLE THROUGH PIRT, PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR OUR 2013 BROCHURE.
WHO IS PIRT?
The Professional Institute for Real Estate Training (PIRT) is a licensed and accredited real estate proprietary school in New York State, based in Watertown, NY. The main focus of PIRT is to teach real estate pre-licensing courses to those interested in becoming real estate salespersons and brokers in New York. As well, PIRT also designs and teaches many continuing education courses for licensees in New York.
PIRT is a sole proprietorship owned and operated by Linda J. Fields. Lin teaches all courses exclusively, but PIRT has a staff guest instructor for construction - Pat Fields (just happens to be related to Lin). Pat is the President of P.S.G. Plumbing, Heating and Air-Conditioning, and has had over 33 years plumbing/HVAC experience. We are also pleased to have Michael Siptrott, Lic. R.E. Broker and owner of Conley's Rental Management as our Property Management Instructor. We have also had various guest speakers for finance, land use planning, property management, law, etc.
Lin's background is extensive. (If you are really interested, click on this link). In 1980, after several occupations and educational degrees (including an A.A.S. in Science, Bachelor of Science degree in Biology, Master of Science degree in Genetics, a paralegal degree with honors in 1998, and a nursing degree), Lin entered the real estate field. Having had some experience in selling, she became a licensed real estate salesperson in Rochester NY. Along with her part time position in sales, she continued to be employed as a private duty nurse -- you can't jump into real estate in the '80's without a back-up job! For 2 years she worked in both fields - successfully we might add - until she entered real estate full time. During this time, she was involved with residential real estate and began to learn the commercial end of the business as well. At the urging of a friend, and a strong belief in Fair Housing, Lin accepted a part time position as an instructor with the Real Estate Training Center in Rochester, teaching Fair Housing. She continued to teach for RETC until 1986, when she moved to Watertown NY. Realizing that Watertown had no hands-on real estate education, she began to teach through the Professional Education Association. In 1990 she married the plumber (shouldn't everyone :O) and in 1991, she and her husband formed PIRT and has been teaching real estate courses in Northern NY ever since.
What can you find here?
It's our attempt to provide to students, past students, and the general public lots of links, information, etc. All information is given strictly as an opinion. As a student of PIRT's, you may find practice examinations, questions, answers, etc. The site is always under construction. We cannot answer individual questions you may have on this site. However, if you e-mail me, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Under NO circumstances is this a venue for legal Q&A's -- we suggest you contact an attorney for this.
If you are someone in the general public who is looking for a REALTOR®, attorney, etc., we highly suggest you check with either the Jefferson-Lewis Board of REALTORS® the St. Lawrence County Board of REALTORS®, or the New York State Association of REALTORS®, or if you are not from Jefferson, Lewis or St. Lawrence NY counties, the real estate board in your area or the state real estate association in your state. Some links are provided to you below.
We will provide, if submitted to us, links for past-student's web pages. If you would like to submit yours, please email me at PIRTTeacher@aol.com Please put the word site request in the subject line (we don't want to delete your mail by mistake!)
We will also provide links to various real estate agencies, etc. If you find one you'd like to share with us, please email us.
Want to see who has taken a course from PIRT?
Click here for our Student's pages
Local, State & National Links
Jefferson Lewis Board of REALTORS®
St. Lawrence County Board of REALTORS®
The National Association of REALTORS®
The New York State Association of REALTORS®
The Department of State, Division of Licensing Services
The National Fair Housing Advocate
Oswego County Board of REALTORS®
The Greater Rochester (NY) Association of REALTORS®
Greater Syracuse Association of REALTORS®
(Some of our personal favorites!)
SCHWERZMANN AND WISE,
ATTORNEYS AT LAW
PATRICK EVANS, ATTORNEY AT LAW
WATERTOWN SAVINGS BANK
Realty and Appraisal Services
Need a Mortgage Calculator?
HUD - Fair Housing Resource
The NYS Division of Human Rights
Links for Students
York State Department of State Sales/Brokers Page
This is YOUR source for information on license law, examination schedules, disclosure statements, online reservations, renewals, etc.
Looking for a Real Estate Coach or Speaker??
Look below!! These are the BEST!!!!
These are among the BEST trainers and
coaches in the Real Estate Industry!!! I know them personally and
encourage you to visit their websites for more information!!!!
A top notch trainer and coach, Rich Levin really cares!! He has been in the industry for over 30 years and he has a plan for success that will help you!!! Visit Rich Levin at www.richlevin.com
Not only is Randy Templeman a Licensed
Real Estate Associate Broker but he is also a Coach and
Certified Instructor with the NYS Association of REALTORS®.
Randy cares, communicates and coaches with real world experience! Visit him at www.randytempleman.com
Roseann Farrow is a highly skilled
leader, communicator, coach and motivator with over 25 years experience. She
offers a huge variety of seminars geared to increase REALTORS®' productivity and
Visit her at www.rfseminars.com
Amy Chorew's mantra is Inspire, Train and Implement, and she does all three EXTREMELY well!! Amy, as the other trainers on this page, is a Nationally Recognized Speaker for NAR and NYSAR and a host of other real estate boards and companies. She specializes in social media and technology courses, and she is your go-to person if you are lost in cyberspace! Visit her at www.amychorew.com for her course and webinar schedules!
Danielle Kennedy is my mentor! In the 1980's it was Danny who inspired me to list and sell over $5,000,000 a year in a 20% interest-rate market! She is one of the nation's foremost Real Estate Trainers, with an emphasis on sales, motivation and life balance. Her motto is "We are most motivated when we are most productive, and we are least motivated when we are least productive!" Visit Danny at www.daniellekennedy.com to see her sessions and to buy the book that is a MUST HAVE in your library - How to List and Sell Real Estate - now in its 30th year!
Come visit us on FACEBOOK!
Updated: Thursday, April 11, 2013